Friday, January 15, 2010

Stroller Striders... What a workout!

Eh, I am sooooooo sore! I don't think I realized how out of shape I was until today. Alexa and I got up early and headed to White Flint mall to check out Stroller Striders, a mommy-friendly group that does one-hour workouts with babies in tow. First class is free, so we met up with three other women from my mom's group, all of us eager to see what this class had to offer.

The whole class took place on the 3rd floor of White Flint mall, near the movie theaters. It started off with some low-impact, in-place cardio moves to get our heart rates up. Then we marched our strollers to Bloomingdales (pictured below) and lined the strollers up against the store while we used resistance cords around the railings to do an arm workout.


We then pushed our strollers while doing lunges down this hallway (pictured below). The last person had to run to the front while everyone else did lunges, and so on.


The class ended with all the strollers lined up and the mom's standing on the cords to do more arm exercises and standing crunches. To keep the babies' attention, we sang them songs! Alexa was awake the whole time. She loved it! And I got a great workout!

After the class, Alexa and I went to get coffee with our mom friends and their babies. That is when Alexa finally fell asleep and took her morning nap, which gave me some time to check out the baby section of Bloomingdale's and take these pictures!

Then, since it was SUCH a great day, we all met up later that afternoon for a walk down the Capitol Crescent trail. What a great day! And what a great way to kick off getting back into shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment