Sunday, January 3, 2010

Alexa likes sleeping on her TUMMY!

Today, for the first time, Alexa slept on her TUMMY! It was during a nap. She was in her crib in a sleep sack when she decided to roll herself over. In the past, when she's rolled over in the crib, she wakes up and cries. This time, she curled up and went to sleep.

I would have taken a picture of her... But I didn't want to wake her up with the flash! Of course I had to creep into her room to check on her. She was OK -- breathing and sleeping peacefully.

As you might know, letting babies sleep on their tummy is a big no-no. All the books and doctors say to put your baby down to sleep on their back to avoid SIDS. But, once they can roll over on their own, they are allowed to sleep on their side or tummy.

However, once babies can roll over, you must stop swaddling them. We had been using the Miracle Blanket to put her to sleep and were sad to see it go. The last two nights have been, um, rough. Tonight will be our 3rd night without the Miracle Blanket and so far so good. Alexa went down at 9 p.m. and is happily sleeping on her SIDE!

Update: She slept soundly, all night long! Down at 9 p.m. Dream feed at 1 a.m. Quick feed at 6 a.m., then down again. I might survive this post-Miracle Blanket life after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment