One of the women in my mom's group raves about her Tummy Tub. This round bucket-shaped bath tub is supposed to calm babies because it mimics a mom's womb. Combined with the warm water and cramped quarters, babies supposedly feel right at home.
I told Alexa's daddy about the Tummy Tub, but he balked at paying $42 for what he called a "glorified bucket." So I found this washPOD by Prince Lionheart at Buy Buy Baby for $21.99. After using a 20% off coupon, the cost came to just $17!
I figured that since Alexa loves her bath, this might be a new way for her to enjoy the water. It's sort of like a baby hot tub, if you will. We finally got a chance to try it out...

After initially balking at the idea of sitting in the small bucket, she made herself quite at home and seemed to enjoy relaxing in her tub.

The only downside to this kind of a tub is that washing her hair is a little difficult and once the water becomes soapy, it's hard to rinse her off. Plus it is, well, a little cramped in there!

I think this tub would have been nicer to have when Alexa was younger, but then you run into the problem of her not being able to hold her head up. It's definitely a tub with a limited life since she'll outgrow it soon. But for now, we're getting a lot of enjoyment out of it. I'm sure glad we opted to get the less expensive version!
We have a Spa Baby Tub (rebranded version of the Tummy Tub) can I cannot wait to bathe Libby in it. According to their website babies upto 3 years old enjoy the tub. I doubt we'll use it that long, but I feel better about using this sort of "bucket" over the ones where they sort of lay flat and are exposed...it doesn't look comfortable or relaxaing at all!
ReplyDeleteSpa Baby is not a rebranded TummyTub. It is a copycat made in China tub. The TummyTub (www.tummytubusa.com) is the Original upright baby tub used in Europe and seen on the Today Show. It's available all over the US now.
ReplyDelete