Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Mommy Movie & More exersaucer fun!

The Majestic Theater in Silver Spring boasts two Mom's Club movies every Wednesday. With the cold weather, Alexa and I finally got the chance to check it out. We met up with a woman from my mom's group to see "Leap Year."


The movies were supposed to be catered toward mothers and babies with low volume and places for diaper changes. However, we found the movie to be no different than a regular matinee show! There were only a few other people in the theater. But since there was stadium seating with stairs, so we found that we had to sit up close because of our strollers. So the movie was very close and LOUD... We had to ask the manager to turn it down!

Due to the volume and closeness, the babies were very distracted during nursing. The small seats and arm non-moveable armrests also made it hard to nurse. Alexa was quiet for most of the movie and only fussed a couple of times. I had to leave once to change her and stand on the side to rock her to sleep.

It was great to see a movie, but I wasn't really impressed with the theater. I thought calling this show a "Mom's Club" movie was a ploy to get my business and not worth me driving out of my way to Silver Spring. In the future, I might just go to a regular matinee!

After the movie, Alexa enjoyed more exersaucer fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment