Thursday, August 6, 2009

Let's talk details!

How far along: 36 weeks/1 day

Total weight gain: 31 pounds

Maternity clothes: Dresses & skirts for work, yoga pants with comfy tops on weekends! I also recently made a stop at Motherhood Maternity to pick up some nursing nightgowns and tops. Got a great selection of comfy clothes for the hospital and afterward. Plus, I spoiled myself a little by getting some really soft cashmere house shoes from the Restoration Hardware outlet!

Main symptoms: My ever protruding belly continues to be my biggest symptom! I have occasional back pain, but it's not bad. I forget things and am clumsy. I waddle. It's hard to bend over to pick up things on the ground. I am HEAVY! Still sleeping through the night and still no Braxton Hicks contractions or swelling. So... So far so good!

Exercise: Do Kegels count?

Best moment: Relaxing in our amazingly comfortable glider rocker chair in the newly painted nursery, surverying how the room looks and how soon it'll be filled with the sounds of a baby!

Movement: Baby Bean is very active! She thinks she is a gymnist like her Aunt Jen. Because she moves constantly! Sitting at work, she moves around. When I lay down to read at night, she moves some more. And you can SEE her move too! My belly undulates in waves. It's pretty funny to watch!

Food cravings: Popsicles. Fajitas. Bagels. Chocolate-covered toffee mac nuts. Strawberry-banana smoothies. Cereal. Did I mention chocolate?

Gender: Still going on the assumption that we've got a little girl on her way... But now I am starting to second guess it again! What if we get a surprise boy in the delivery room? Well I did an assessment of all the stuff we have and most things are gender neutral... Just the clothes and pink accents that would have to be replaced! But, what an ordeal that would be!

Labor signs: Still none. And at my doctor appointment yesterday, I was told no progress. So that is good. All is well in pregnancy land for now!

Belly button in or out? Still in, but it does show through my clothes a little, which is weird. Is it supposed to actually POP out? Because that would be weird. I'm thinking it's not going to if it hasn't by now?

What I miss: M-A-R-G-A-R-I-T-A-S!!!!!!!!!

What I am looking forward to: Having our crib delivered! Putting up the art on the walls of the nursery... And curtains! The nursery is coming along, just a few more touches and it'll be ready! Excited to finish...

Weekly wisdom: Check out the right side of this blog. I discovered this past week three different sites where you can sign up for daily e-mails alerting you to DEALS on baby stuff! Another way to get good deals is to visit the outlets!

Milestones: Nursery and several other rooms in our house have been cleared of wallpaper and painted! We have our dining room table and chairs! Got a great patio table and umbrella! We have chosen our pediatrician practice! Almost ready...

2 comments:

  1. A note on nursing tops/nightgowns. I sleep in a sleep bra from motherhood that I LOVE!! I tend to sleep in that and underwear, you'll soon discover whatever's easiest for the little munchin to get to the "goods" is best for you. during the day, I just pull up my shirt and feed her like that. I have a few tanks that I can pull down BUT Bella seems to make a giant mess all over my shirts when I do that. Good luck Malia!! You'll be a fantastic momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sarah! I actually picked up two sleep bras from Motherhood, maybe the same ones you have... They are super comfy! I figure I'll just try what I have and see what works! I'll def be coming to you for tips as I sort this out!

    ReplyDelete