Today I had routine White House pool duty. So I arrived for pool call time at 8:30 a.m. (thanks Papa Bean for the ride!) and attended an East Room reception honoring new U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor. Here is my Week 37 bump photo, in front of the East Wing entrance:

In his remarks, President Obama made this statement, which I hope Lima Bean heard and paid attention to. He said: "While this is Justice Sotomayor's achievement, the result of her ability and determination, this moment is not just about her. It's about every child who will grow up thinking to him- or herself, 'If Sonia Sotomayor can make it, then maybe I can too.'"
So whatever name we choose for Baby Lima Bean, it must be able to work with the titles "Justice," "Congresswoman," "Senator" and "President." You know, just in case. :-)
According to my pregnancy books, Lima Bean should be about 6 pounds and fully developed. But although she is now considered "full term," she will continue to grow and develop the longer she stays in her utero home.
And, finally, what you have all been waiting for... I have finally achieved watermelon status. Behold, my final fruit picture!

No comments:
Post a Comment