Monday, August 24, 2009

Babycare Skills Class - Check!

It took me two months on the waiting list and a little shameless begging, but I finally got us into the Babycare Skills class at Sibley Memorial Hospital!

Here is a description of the class:
This 2 1/2 hour class will help you learn such skills as bathing, diapering, comforting a crying baby, and recognizing signs of illness, as well as coping methods for the first few weeks of parenthood.
Cost was $70 per couple and I got them to promise a full refund if I delivered before Monday night's class. As it turned out, we were able to attend the class.

And, in my (biased?) opinion, I was by far NOT the biggest pregnant lady in the room, although I WAS the farthest along! OK, maybe I was the biggest, but some other women looked my size and they are due in October and November.

I digress.

So we're going around the room and everyone is due, like I said, in October, November, December... And they get to me and I'm like... Well, we're due NEXT WEEK! LOL. On the bright side, when the teacher asked who had done things like had the car seat installed, chosen a pediatrician, washed baby clothes, etc., we were the only ones who had done it all. Go us!

The class itself was very helpful. If anything, it really gave us confidence that we'll sort of know what we are doing when we come home with a newborn. We learned how to hold the baby, burp the baby, change the diaper, change clothes, bathe the baby, baby-proof our house, swaddle a baby, soothe and comfort a crying baby, bond with the baby after birth...

So, hint hint, Baby Lima Bean... We really ARE ready for you! Come on out and play!

No comments:

Post a Comment