Saturday, August 15, 2009

Holy Awesome Decals!

I had some fun decorating Lima Bean's nursery this weekend! I wanted something playful and fun to spice up the nursery. I went looking at decals, thinking that I wanted a tree or at least something with birds!

I first started thinking about wall decals after I saw this Land of Nod tree decal (below). It was in the catalog and later we saw it in a baby's nursery at an open house. I love the bright colors!


I then saw this wall decal from Baby Gap (below). But the colors weren't bright enough and I wasn't crazy about the round tree.


There are tons of places where you can get wall decals.... Walltat, Wall Sticker Shop and Modern Nursery. Naturally, I turned to my favorite place for creative nursery items: Etsy! There are a ton of wall decal options on Etsy, and most are customizable, so you choose the colors you want.

After looking at several options, I decided on this one (below). The branch would fit perfectly on the wall behind the chocolate brown rocker glider! I ordered the decal, requesting to have the branch in chocolate brown, the leaves in light pink and the birds in hot pink.


On Saturday, when we got home from all our errands, the shipment arrived! Excited, I opened up the box and watched a YouTube video on how to install the decal. It wasn't as hard as you'd think!


Here is how it came out! I love it! It adds just the fun whimsical touch that I wanted... Lima Bean will love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment