My due date is only FOUR weeks from TODAY! Eeeek! So we are on countdown mode.
We had our Week 36 doctor appointment this morning. From here on out, we'll be seeing the doctor every week to check for dilation. And next week, at 37 weeks, I'll be considered full term. But as of now, no progress. Nada. Nothing. So that is GOOD!
I am not yet at the point where I feel the need to serve Baby Lima Bean with an eviction notice. In fact, I think she's probably MUCH easier to take care of in my tummy than outside, so I think she should stay there for a little while longer. Redecorate, darling. Make yourself at home. But, please, do stop all that squirming around!
Below is a photo of what it looks like inside my belly at 36 weeks... So the bumps that I see as Baby Lima Bean moves are probably her butt or heel sticking up at the top of my belly. It's mighty funny to watch my undulating flesh! Plus, she hiccups all the time. So she already has a drinking problem... Hmmmm. Will have to keep an eye on that!

At the appointment today, we learned that she is head down. Good, girl. And that my fibroids look like they'll not get in the way, so more good news. Plus I am only up ONE pound since my appointment TWO weeks ago, so that is very good!
Total weight gain so far is 31 pounds. Naturally, I rewarded myself by having some chocolate.
Then, this evening, our productive day continued with a visit to the pediatric office we are considering. We met with the doctor who founded the practice and got to see the offices and ask questions. We liked him a lot. Very straightforward guy.
The group is a large practice -- about 11,000 patients and 8 doctors. But we liked the facility and the services they offer. Plus, they have a lactation consultant on staff, which will be helpful, and they come to Sibley to check the babies as soon as they are born. And just about everyone we know goes there... And several pregnant moms I know are also planning to go there. Needless to say, the place comes highly recommended.
So, we plan to go with them. Whew. One less thing to worry about!
Up next: Getting our car seat installed and packing our hospital bag! One thing at a time!
No comments:
Post a Comment