Monday, April 13, 2009

And just like that - We've got a mover in here!

For most of the last week, I have been wondering whether the weird, occasional things I was feeling were Lima Bean or if it was just gas or my imagination.

Well, folks, I am now pretty certain that it is indeed Baby Bean kicking and flip-flopping around in there!

This certainty started on Friday and has continued throughout the weekend. Even this afternoon at work and now as I sit down to type, I feel the little sucker doing something in there.
Usually it's at night when I'm laying in bed reading. Or when I am sitting at the computer. And definitely after a big meal! Tonight I made butternut squash pizza and Bean is now having a field day with it!

But the movement is hard to describe. Sometimes if feels like a fish is swimming in my stomach. I imagine that a round glass bowl is in my belly and there is a gold fish fluttering about.
Other times, it feels like a my stomach turning over. It's similar to what you would feel on a roller coaster. It definitely feels like something (Lima Bean, I presume?) wriggling around or flipping around.

And if I'm really still, I swear I can see my stomach ripple! Papa Bean tried looking at my belly on Friday and I think he saw it twitch too.

I can't wait to see Lima Bean on the big screen at Wednesday's ultrasound!

And I can't wait for Papa Bean to be able to feel Bean moving for himself. Kick, baby, kick!

No comments:

Post a Comment