Sunday, March 29, 2009

Another productive day: Our 1st Open House! And we continued Our Search!

Sunday was a beautiful day, so I went out for a nice 5-mile jog/walk in Rock Creek Park. I hope whatever house we buy is close to a running trail!

Then our Realtor held our first open house from 1-4 p.m. It went pretty well, lots of traffic. And we have two people coming by Tuesday for a 2nd look! Crossing our fingers for some good offers!

Meanwhile, we spent the afternoon Northwest D.C. and Bethesda, Md., to continue our search for the perfect house! Altogether, we saw 8 houses on Sunday. We liked two of them...

One is in Bethesda on Glenwood Road, a very kid-friendly street with a big back deck and yard. It has a nice family room addition and finished basement, but no master bath and the kitchen is a little small.

The other is also in Bethesda and has a big kitchen and fabulous living room with huge windows that opens to a great patio and yard. The only thing is that while it is large (4Br/2Ba), it is a rancher with only ONE level. That's right, no upstairs and no basement! But, hey, that's how it was in Hawaii where I grew up!
I ended the day with another candlelight prenatal yoga class. One of the other women in the class found out that she's having a girl! So far, everyone who knows what they are having (4 women) are having girls! I wonder what that means for Lima Bean... We find out SOON!

No comments:

Post a Comment