Sunday, March 15, 2009

More prenatal yoga

I didn't decide until the very last minute (6:20 p.m.) whether to sign up for the Candlelight Prenatal Yoga Series, which runs from 6:30 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. every Sunday.

But I'm so glad I did! 

Here is the description of the class: This 6-week series will nurture expectant mothers during their magical journey. In class, you will learn to use yoga's mind/body awareness to connect with your own innate wisdom, body and your growing baby. Our warm and supportive community will allow you to freely discuss any issues, from discomforts and concerns to the wonderful new changes your body and baby are experiencing. 

I really enjoyed this class! It was taught by a different teacher than last week and I definitely felt like it was more focused and challenging, while also very educational. The teacher explained what poses we could do and ways to modify traditional poses to make them pregnant-friendly.

Also, at the end of the class, one question from another women in the class about signing up for daycare led to an impromptu discussion with all the other pregnant yoginis, most of which live nearby. It was really nice to meet and talk with other women who are also going through the same things I am! We plan to exchange e-mails so we can keep in touch throughout the week.

There were seven of us in class, ranging in progress: one is 15 weeks, then me at 15 1/2 weeks, then one is 17 weeks, one is 18 weeks, one is 23 weeks, one is 27 weeks and one is 32 weeks. At least two of them are also planning to deliver at Sibley Memorial Hospital.

Looking forward to next Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment