Friday, March 6, 2009

Lima Bean has 5% chance of green eyes


Just for kicks, I went ahead and tried this nifty tool for computing the color of your child's eyes.

Now, we all know, Lima Bean will most likely have brown eyes. I have brown eyes. Papa Bean has brown eyes. My parents have brown eyes. His parents have brown eyes. I don't think there is a blue-eyed person in either of our families!

And this test confirms that, giving Lima Bean a 92.5% chance of having brown eyes.

But what's interesting is that it also gives Lima Bean a 5.5% chance of having GREEN eyes! And, get this, a 1.8% chance of having BLUE eyes!

No kidding.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see ...

U P D A T E ! !

Since writing this blog, I have learned that Papa Bean's grandfather, Gramps, had GREEN eyes! So... There is hope for Lima Bean getting some green stunners. 

However, as my source pointed out, Papa Bean's brother-in-law has blue eyes but our niece and nephew both have brown eyes, just like Papa Bean's sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment