Monday, July 6, 2009

Breastfeeding Basics

A really great resource for women in Washington, D.C., who plan to breastfeed is The Breastfeeding Center, located downtown on K St. The center is a nonprofit that offers a slew of great classes, many of which are free.

Today, I hit the Breastfeeding Basics class, which is recommended for women who are about 8 weeks from delivery. Since I notch 32 weeks this week and was off work for our big move, I decided to hit the class. The center has a no turn away policy and I was warned that the classes are often crowded, so I got there 30 minutes early and snagged a seat up front.

The class was CROWDED and some women ended up standing outside the room! I'm glad I went though, because it was a very informative session. I have heard that breastfeeding can be hard to get the hang of... We'll see. Hoping for the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment