Less than two months! Eeek! At 33 weeks, I am now in my 8th month and the size of a honeydew melon! And baby is growing fast. I'm now up about 28 pounds, which at a pound a week, would mean a total pregnancy gain of 35 pounds by delivery. Perfect. I hope!
I am now wearing only skirts and dresses. And I am waddling. And when I sit for extended periods, baby sloshes around inside me, making ripples on my belly! It's funny to watch. I wonder what parts of her are sticking out when I see my tummy get lopsided.I am still very forgetful. Fatigue such as what I felt in the first trimester has not returned, thank goodness. Having trouble bending over or picking up things from the floor. Stairs leave me winded, a strange thing for someone who ran a marathon less than a year ago!
With the countdown on, here are a few things on our minds:
-- Picking paint colors and painting the nursery! Thinking Benjamin Moore Natura paint: Bright Lime, Yew Green, Snow Cone Green or Apple Green. Hmmm.
-- Hope the crib comes in soon so we can set everything up. The glider rocker chair is being delivered on July 25th! And the stroller should be here by Friday!
-- What to bring to the hospital? We have started a list... More on that to come. In the meantime, any suggestions?
-- Cord blood banking: Do it or pass? So many opinions on this...
-- Pediatricians! We have some recommendations that we are checking into...
-- Maternity photos? Baby photos? Birth announcements? Final baby purchases... Furniture for our house... Finalizing maternity leave... NAMES!
We are plodding along. One day at a time. What seemed like a mountain of things to do way back when we first started looking at houses and thinking about selling our condo seems all the more doable now that we are in an amazing house that we are starting to make our home. We just ordered a dining room table and plan to paint the nursery this weekend. So it's all coming together, one thing at a time! Just hope Lima Bean doesn't come early!
No comments:
Post a Comment