Saturday, June 6, 2009

We have a new BABY! This one has four wheels and a lot of ZOOM!

That's right... We are just got a car! Well, not just any CAR... We got a cross-over SUV. The most gorgeous in its class. The amazing, beautiful, stunning Volkswagen Tiguan


The Tiguan (cross between a "tiger" and an "iguana") is NEW this year. It's smaller than VW's regular SUV and runs on a GTI engine. But not only is it a stylish, solid build, the car is very safe for our growing family. It just won the IIHS Safety Award, after sailing through the front and rear crash tests with little damage.

As some of you recall, I used to own a GTI named "Baby." But when I moved to Washington, I didn't drive her much and ended up selling her to a co-worker. Well, I am back on wheels and remembering just how fun these cars are to drive! (And I think Lima Bean likes the new ride, she was kicking in excitement on our drive home!)

Our beautiful Tiguan is silver and came with a GPS navigation system so that we'll never get lost in our new hometown of Bethesda, Md. We plan to test out her directional capability tomorrow morning as we head to Sibley Memorial Hospital for our birth class!

UPDATE: Just so you know, we did do as much research on buying a car as we did on baby products! It's just that Papa Bean did the research, not I, so it wasn't blogged about. The other brands we researched and test drove were the Honda CRV, Subaru Forester and Toyota RAV4. All were in the cross-over class and priced similarly. We just liked the VW Tiguan better!

No comments:

Post a Comment