Thursday, June 11, 2009

Let's talk details!

How far along: 28 weeks/1 day

Total weight gain: 21 pounds

Maternity clothes: Skirts! Dresses! Yoga pants! Anything loose and comfortable.

Main symptoms: One pregnancy-related symptom that I have been experiencing is that my gums have been very tender (bleed when I brush). So I went to the dentist this week and got a good thorough cleaning! They have been much better when I brush lately! I go back next week for a follow-up visit with the dentist.

Exercise: Prenatal yoga last Sunday! Then long walk with Papa Bean and Ruben the Dog!

Best moment: Earlier today, Papa Bean got to use the fetal monitor on my belly to hear Lima Bean's heartbeat! It was so funny. The nurse let him hold the wand and showed him how to hold it on my belly. He found her strong heartbeat on his first try!

Movement: Lots of it! She kicks. She twitches. She sticks her butt up so that one side of my belly sticks up and I look lopsided. Also, I think she also gets the hiccups sometimes!

Food cravings: A new gelato/sorbet store opened up across the street from us and we have become regulars!

Gender: GIRL! Unless the sono technician is wrong... I might ask her at our next sonogram to check again! FYI, our next sonogram is in two weeks, on June 25.

Labor signs: None.

Belly button in or out? Still in, but getting very very very shallow! Eeek! Stay in. Stay in. Stay in.

What I miss: Running. Being skinny!

What I am looking forward to: Moving into our new home! And, my baby shower!

Weekly wisdom: Exercise balls are supposed to be great for labor (bring your own to the hospital) and rocking the baby. So I just ordered one!

Milestones: So many! Since my last update, we have closed on selling our condo. We have closed on buying our house. We have bought a car! I have registered. I have ordered the crib & glider rocker chair. And we attended our birth class at Sibley Memorial Hospital last weekend! Plus, we had a doctor's appointment today during which I took the glucose test to see if I have gestational diabetes. More on the registry and birth class to come in future posts... And I find out the results of the glucose test on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment