Saturday, May 9, 2009

The stars were out tonight!

Baby Lima Bean will never believe the multitude of stars her mommy and daddy just rubbed elbows with at tonight's White House Correspondents' Dinner!


All while proudly displaying my baby bump, which really looked more like I smuggled a basketball into the gala event! And, yes, this was the red carpet scene we had to walk past as we entered the event... It was certainly a scene to see and be seen at!

We arrived shortly after 5:30 p.m., scooting into the Gannett and USA Today party. Then we took off for the National Journal party, where we heard that Jon Bon Jovi might make an appearance. Just as we were about to take off, he showed up (with George Stephanopolos)!

Papa Bean went over to tell him that one of the first concerts he ever went to was a Bon Jovi show. Jon was very nice and agreed to take a photo with us!


On our way back upstairs, we brushed past Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore, turned around to see Julia Louis-Dreyfus, then ran into Kyra Sedgwick and Kevin Bacon!

Then, as the dinner started, Papa Bean took off, pausing to chat with Jim Cramer of MSNBC's Mad Money and shake Warren Buffet's hand on his way out! Meanwhile, I headed into the ballroom and stopped to take a photo with Glenn Close!


I then walked past Owen Wilson flirting with a gaggle of girls before running into Kyra Sedgwick and Kevin Bacon again, and this time I got a photo with Kyra, who was super nice!


Then my dinner guest, a press secretary at the White House, and I got a photo with Eva Langoria Parker!


Then I told Kal Penn that Papa Bean and I looooove his "Harold and Kumar" movies! I also congratulated him on his new White House job. And, of course, took a photo with him.


We also met Bradley Cooper, who starred in "Alias" and also "Wedding Crashers." He was really nice! He stopped to introduce himself to me.

The dinner itself was a stitch. President Obama was hilarious! You can watch his remarks on C-SPAN, and I really suggest you do!


Back to star sightings. Near my table sat Stevie Wonder. And from my seat, I caught a glimpse of Beyonce and former "West Wing" star Dule Hill. I also saw figure skater Kristi Yamaguchi. After dinner, I got a photo with dreamboat actor Colin Firth!


Finally, my way out of the hotel, I saw Mariska Hargitay of "Law and Order SVU" and walked past Richard Belzer, also from "Law and Order SVU."

Then, outside, I nearly ran right into Whoopi Goldberg!

What a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment