Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Now that Lima Bean weighs a pound and I can feel her moving around, it's started to sink in that I am growing a human being in my belly! It's kind of a strange thought. Although, it's also the most natural thing in the world.


Still, it flips me out to think that my mom grew me in her belly! More than three decades ago, I was kicking her and twisting and turning inside her. And she was wondering what I would be like and what kind of daughter I would turn out to be. 

And many decades ago, Papa Bean was doing the same to his mother - kicking, turning over, making her wonder what he would be like and what kind of child he would grow up to be. 

Now that we are both on the brink of becoming parents, the sacrifices and eons of worry and love that our parents put into us is becoming more and more apparent. As a kid, you kind of take your existence for granted. But there's a lot more to it than that! 

So on Mother's Day, I want to thank the two special ladies in our lives who "grew" us so that we could someday "grow" Lima Bean. Thank you for carrying us, loving us and helping us to become the people we are today. We love you and will forever be thankful for all you have done!

The photo above was drawn by yours truly when my mother was pregnant with my sister. It's a wonderful reminder of how life comes full circle and a great illustration for today's message ...

Happy Mother's Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment