On Saturday, we headed to downtown Bethesda for lunch. Alexa was a good girl and slept the whole time! What a cute sleeping baby...

While she slept, we also took a short walk down the Capitol Crescent trail. Then Daddy headed off to get a hair cut and I took Alexa to a bookstore, where I was able to sit peacefully and look at some baby sleep books while she slept. I finally woke her to eat so that she wouldn't sleep too long. Still, it was a very good and well-timed nap! And when she woke up, she was in such a good mood!

Later that evening, I left Alexa home with Daddy and took off for dinner with the girls. Alexa was a little nervous about being left home with Daddy!

But to his credit, Daddy followed our new bedtime routine perfectly! He gave her a bottle, followed by a bath, put on her sleeping clothes, read her a bedtime book and then put her down in her crib using the Miracle Blanket. We are practicing putting her down sleepy but awake so that she learns to put herself to sleep. This can be a difficult thing to do. But Daddy figured it out! I came home to find Alexa sound asleep and Daddy chillin' on the computer!
No comments:
Post a Comment