Yes, that headline is correct. I am due TODAY! It feels a little anti-climatic. Like I have just run a marathon, but instead of approaching the finish line, I have come to a sign that says: Sorry, 10 more miles!
So anyway.
We went to see our doctor this morning. She said it appears that my baby is too comfortable in my belly. Hmm. Would spicy food fix that? I am now 1-2 cm dilated, so a little more than last week. And I'm 25-50% effaced, so again, a little more than last week. But I am not long and closed, which is a good sign! And baby's head is down and ready to go! She has dropped!
Here I am at the local farmers market, flowers from my mom for Happy Due Day!

My doctor is on-call on Friday, which is also the day of the next FULL MOON. So I'm thinking she'll come on Friday? That would be good. After all, according to the
Mother Goose rhyme, "Friday's child is loving and giving." That's much better than Wednesday's child, who is "full of woe." So Friday would be cool. Yay for Friday!
In the meantime, here are the
Top 10 things NOT to say to an overdue woman.
And here are
101 Things to do When you are Overdue. It's a good list. I've already done a lot of the stuff on it (packed hospital bag, set aside snacks for the hospital, car seat installed, washed baby clothes, etc.). But I like the suggestions to eat something spicy, go for a bumpy ride, do yoga, get another pedicure, look at birth announcements, write a letter to baby...
Today, however, our couches arrive! Tomorrow, the grill arrives! So... Friday, baby will arrive! That's the plan. FRIDAY! YAY!
UPDATE: Our couches are here! It was a bit of a trick getting them in the front door. They had to take the light fixture down and the front door off its hinges! And they took the feet off the couch, as well as the cushions. But they got it in! The whole ordeal sort of made me think of labor... Getting the baby out...
Another Update: We went out for spicy Indian food for dinner Wednesday night. But it didn't work. Arg.
Hoping for Friday!! YAY!
ReplyDeleteDon't sit on the couches! A friend of mine just had her water break on her NEW couches....don't want that to happen to you! ;o)
ReplyDelete