Sunday, December 5, 2010

Alexa trims the tree, then spins the dreidel and eats potato latkes!

Another merry day of Chrismukkah! We started off by decorating our beautiful tree! Grandpa hung the lights and then Grandma and I unwrapped all of the ornaments and put them on the tree. Alexa helped us out! We hung birds and flowers made of felt on the bottom branches. We also hung a set of felt Sesame Street characters that Grandma made for Alexa, just like the set she made me when I was a kid. But Alexa's favorite ornament is a DOG, from Grandma!


Later, when Alexa went down for her nap, I made potato latkes! It was my first time, but I followed Grandma Fritzie's recipe and the instructions on the Modern Jewish Mom site. It was easy! And they passed three important taste tests... Daddy loved them! Grandpa loved them! And Alexa did too! Alexa even mastered the art of dipping them in applesauce. So proud. So proud!


After stuffing ourselves silly with latkes, we lit the Hanukkah candles and Alexa got another gift: A Noah's Arc shape sorter, Tzedakah Box and two dreidels! In the photo above, Daddy is showing her how to spin the dreidel while she waits for her potato latkes. Below, she's playing with all her toys (and watching football with Grandpa)! Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment