Wednesday, October 27, 2010

What should Alexa be for Halloween?

If you recall, last year Alexa was a duck and a ladybug. So what should she be this year? She's too old to wear a baby bunting costume... And almost too old to wear a silly animal costume as well! Here are some costumes I liked on my first go round... I really like the owl costume and a bunch of outfits from Pottery Barn Kids, but they are $50 each! I still like the Wonder Woman costume...


So, basically, I didn't find the perfect costume. I wanted to find something cute and comfortable, but also clever and unique. And I wanted to find something that would allow Alexa to dress up with her Daddy. Then it hit me... How about a football?! These photos were my inspiration... But mainly I was looking for a football dress, like the one in the picture below, top right.


I e-mailed my mom and she immediately pulled out a pattern, requested measurements and hit the fabric store. In literally just a few days, she sent me these photos! The cutest costume ever!


And now... Here's Alexa, all dressed up in her football dress! She can't wait for Halloween!

Click to enlarge!

No comments:

Post a Comment