Today is the day, the day of the Cherry Blossom 10-Miler run! I have been running. As you recall from this jaunt out with Henry in the jogging stroller. But I just wasn't ready for 10 miles, so I jumped into the Cherry Blossom 5K. It was perfect. Didn't take too long yet was enough of a challenge to get my heart pumping and give me a taste of a race. I am excited run a REAL 10-Miler this Fall!
One of the nice things about the Cherry Blossom race is that it takes place downtown on the Mall. Alexa had a great time running around, checking out the Washington Monument. Her first reaction was pretty funny though. She looked up at it and exclaimed: "Ooooh! I want to knock it down!"
After the race, Alexa asked if we could go to the dinosaur museum. I was impressed that she knew it was just down the street, and since it was still so early, we agreed. Later, back at home, we all relaxed on the blanket in the back yard. What a great day!



No comments:
Post a Comment