Friday, July 22, 2011

Alexa finally has an Elmo t-shirt!

Actually, she has about a half dozen Elmo shirts! I was trying to find ONE and finally turned to eBay. I bid the minimum on one, then saw another one I liked. Then another. I ended up getting THREE shirts (only about $5 each)! One is long-sleeves so I'll save that for the Fall. Meanwhile, my mom swung by a thrift store and found a ton of Elmo, Zoe and Minnie Mouse shirts, plus some Elmo overalls (all only about $1 each)! Here is Alexa showing off one of them:


If you haven't heard the story of why I wanted to get Alexa an Elmo shirt, let me catch you up: Turns out that Alexa is now at an age where she likes to have a say in what she wears! This can mean trouble in the morning if the only shirt she wants to wear is her "monkey shirt," which is dirty from being worn the day before. At the same time, Alexa is also really into Elmo. So it should not have surprised me that one day, she came home from daycare and proclaimed that her friend Tessa has an "Elmo shirt." She continued to tell me every day about Tessa's Elmo shirt, so I figured the only thing for a good mommy to do would be to buy Alexa an Elmo shirt too.

Well, thanks to grandma and eBay, Alexa how has way more Elmo shirts than her friend Tessa has! I do not mean for this to become the standard way that we'll deal with things in the future... Just because one of her friends has something, that does NOT mean mommy and grandma will buy her 10 of that item! But for now, an Elmo shirt is pretty harmless. And so cute. Here is the rest of her stash! Stay tuned for more pics of Alexa rocking her Elmo gear...

No comments:

Post a Comment