Friday, July 16, 2010

Holy Cute Summer Dresses!

Alexa got a package in the mail today from Grandma Lil -- A set of three reversible summer dresses! Look how CUTE! I was browsing Etsy when I saw this listing. I fell in love with this simple pinafore dress and mentioned it to my mom. Before I knew it, she was headed off to buy fabric so she could make Alexa her very own one-of-a-kind pinafore dresses! Of course Alexa had to model her new dresses immediately... Wow! Could she be any cuter?!


This one above is my favorite, a bright and bold orange print. I remember seeing a pretty turquoise bow at a store in Bethesda for $3. I bet it would look great with this dress!


The orange dress reverses into this darling, sun-drenched yellow outfit! I love it!


I also really like this simple print with birds, especially paired with hot pink bloomers. I'll have to add Alexa's hot pink hair bow and she'd be ready to go! (Look closely in the above picture, I snapped a couple of Alexa standing without holding on! She is so close to walking!)


This green print is on the other side! How darling!

The third dress is a little big for Alexa right now, but she'll wear it soon! This baby is gaining weight pretty fast as she continues to eat up a storm. Thanks, Grandma, for such a beautiful and thoughtful gift! Alexa can't wait to show off her new dresses!

2 comments:

  1. Those are so CUTE! Did your mom follow any sort of pattern? I can sew but I can't free hand patterns, I'm not nearly good enough for that, a basic straight line is about as good as it gets :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think she had a pattern. But she said she used to make them for me when I was little too! I can ask her where she got the pattern.

    ReplyDelete